Photobucket


July 9, 2008

WE NEED YOUR PRAYERS

Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those who matter... don't mind...
And those who mind... don't matter....

I don't know who this quote comes from but I got it in a recent email and I LOVE IT!!! I was just speaking today to my daughter's teacher and we were discussing this very point. We as human's are so worried about what other people think.

I am struggling very much in my personal life right now. Pride and fear have prevented me from telling people because of what they might think. The above statement says it best.

Here is what is happening in our life right now. I need to give the testimony so when God comes in and gives everything abundantly more than I ever imagined, I can bear witness to the power of the Almighty.

I am the single mother of 2 small children. I lost them to the foster care system Christmas of 2006. They were not returned until February of 2008. During that time my children were sexually and physically abused by the foster parents. My daughter has just recently revealed to her counselor some of what happened. My heart aches for her. Now, I am faced with the same nightmare again. I have recently become unemployed. My rent is behind, electricity close to being shut off and the DHR worker let me know that they will step in if the situation becomes worse. Amazing that they will give funds to abusive foster parents rather than assist the actual parents in keeping their children. Poverty is no excuse for the government to step in and take your children, but that is what is happening right here in the good ol USA!!! Rather than help me they have funds to give foster families to support my children away from me! Lord, Lord I need you now more than ever!

I come before all of you for your prayers to our Most High. I need a job. I am willing to work. I know that our God is capable of mighty things. Lift us up ya'll and pray long and hard that God sends the help I need to keep my children. I can't bear losing them again to this dreadful, useless system.

Please keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm praying for you, Kristin. I'm so sorry to learn of what you are going through.

God is your very present help in times of trouble. I am praying everything is resolved very soon for you. Blessings.

Leah Adams said...

Kristin,

My heart breaks for you. I will be praying for you and your children.

I tried the Five Cup Salad that you put in the Fiesta Siesta Cookbook this weekend and we really enjoyed it so much. It is light and refreshing and yummy. Thanks for including it.

Leah