Photobucket


July 1, 2008

ME ME ME OR HIM HIM HIM

I just got through typing on Beth's Blog for the Siesta Summer Bible Study. It hit me like a ton of bricks. As I listened to her name off some of the blogs she read and what struck her about them, all I could think of was will she talk about me me me!!! FAME!!!! A horrific idol. It never struck me before but I crave attention. I don't know why. I was adopted that supposedly plays a part in it for me. I was never liked as a kid even though I tried sooooooo hard to be cool and funny! I am certainly not popular as an adult either but OHHH how hard I try to be liked and favored. God is trying to tell me something... Ya THINK!!!


FAME is an idol because it is human attention I am craving and it should be God's!!! God has granted me the gift of song... I love to sing, but do I use it for His glory or mine. God has granted me a sense of humor (sarcastic at times but funny nonetheless). God has granted me the ability to write (grammar and spelling aside...) I love to write, but am I writing for His glory or mine. It is therapy for me, me, me, but I need to find how I can turn that into a help ministry. I have always wanted to use the trials in my life to help in some way. BELIEVE YOU ME I have been granted plenty of trials so I could help.


My desire is really to make a difference, but HOW! It sure isn't going to help having Me Me Me syndrome. So onward with Bible Study....onward toward defeating self and living for HIM HIM HIM!!!!


Love ya'll!!!

No comments: