Photobucket


June 19, 2008

GOOD GRAVY WHAT HAPPENED TO DISCIPLINE

This gorgeous creature is my precious and precocious daughter Nena Marlene. She is 8. She is the family Attorney. Edward, the comedian, I introduced previously.
Ladies, Siestas a little help here. Encourgement please.
God blessed me greatly with 2 brilliant, beautiful and healthy children. Along with brilliance comes the following: they think they know more than you (and sometimes do which stinks); they always have an opinion (when no opinion was asked for); they will not take no for answer; bottom line they THINK!!!! How wonderful and how FRUSTRATING!!!! This child (diagnosed ADHD) runs me ragged and her brother as sweet and charming as he is is now turning 2!!! HELP!
I would just appreciate any advice or encouragement from those of you out there on DISCIPLINE. I am not opposed to spanking, in fact, I believe that is what is wrong with kids these days... the world has taught them that they have more rights than parents. If they don't like what mommy and daddy do to discipline, we will report them!!! Good grief..and the law wonders why more children are killing and being killed, more drugs, more teenage pregnancies, no respect for authority!!! The other day at a church function, I had a child litteraly refuse to acknowledge me when I said hello to her and in fact she rolled her eyes and humphed...My mother would have torn me up had I disrespected an adult in such a fashion... but kids these days think nothing of adults...no respect of authority! I am scared to death of their influence on my children. I for one still believe in yes ma'am and yes sir, when adults speak YOU DON'T, sit at the table, napkin in the lap, mind your manners in public and at all times be courteous to your elders....and peers! The snobbery of todays youth is out of control and where do they get it... THE PARENTS!!
Did I miss the memo?? When did manners and respect stop applying??? My daughter is so opinionated it takes everything I have not to just scream the roof off....
Be creative, send me your best stuff... what have ya'll done to discipline. What do you believe God wants us to do to raise our children to respect authority.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Wow, I am so with you! Although I do not have kids just a neice and Nephews. I think alot of children are aloud to have anything they want and thats the problem, when I have the kids and they do something crazy (like covering my living room wall with yogurt and crayons last year)I just take away something they really like and they were forced to help clean up the mess! I mean they were only 2 and 3 but they are both talking so I turned off the ever present Noggin & we three cleaned the walls (technically I cleaned the walls but they thought they helped though). All I can say is try not to let them have their way all the time because they will keep pushing the envelope to see how far they can go and when they grow up they will be grateful for all you have done!